promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

INglese mi riuscite a risolvere questo esercizio ? per favore è urgente?

Complete the sentences with the correct form of used to/ usually plus

the verb in brackets.

1. Where you can see that new house,

there…………………….(be) an orchard full of peach trees.

2. I ……………………….(not go) to the theatre very much until the

new open-air one was built in the park.

3. My grandmother always …………………….(have) a proverb or

a saying to fit every situation.

4. Didn’t they …………………..(sell) theatre tickets in the kiosk? It

seems to have turned into a café now.

5. We …………………(play) football in this park, but now they’ve

put flower-beds everywhere and ‘Keep off the grass’ signs to

stop us.

6. Richard …………………….(walk) to school, but it looked like

rain this morning, so his dad gave him a lift in the car.

7. Before the invention of the Internet,

people…………………….(have) to go to the library to do

research or to find out information.

8. Years ago, before it was popular in the UK, some people there

……………………(believe) that spaghetti grew on trees.

1 risposta

Classificazione
  • 2 mesi fa
    Risposta preferita

---

Ciao, SpecialGamer289

► EXERCISE

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Complete the sentences with the correct form of 'used to'/'usually' plus the verb in brackets.

1. Where you can see that new house, there ___________ (be) an orchard full of peach trees.

2. I ___________ (not go) to the theatre very much until the new open-air one was built in the park.

3. My grandmother always ___________ (have) a proverb or a saying to fit every situation.

4. Didn’t they ___________ (sell) theatre tickets in the kiosk? It seems to have turned into a café now.

5. We ___________ (play) football in this park, but now they’ve put flower-beds everywhere and ‘Keep off the grass’ signs to stop us.

6. Richard ___________ (walk) to school, but it looked like rain this morning, so his dad gave him a lift in the car.

7. Before the invention of the Internet, people ___________ (have) to go to the library to do research or to find out information.

8. Years ago, before it was popular in the UK, some people there ___________ (believe) that spaghetti grew on trees.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

► ANSWERS

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Complete the sentences with the correct form of 'used to'/'usually' plus the verb in brackets.

1. Where you can see that new house, there USED TO BE (be) an orchard full of peach trees.

2. I DIDN'T USE TO GO (not go) to the theatre very much until the new open-air one was built in the park.

3. My grandmother always USED TO HAVE (have) a proverb or a saying to fit every situation.

4. Didn’t they USE TO SELL (sell) theatre tickets in the kiosk? It seems to have turned into a café now.

5. We USED TO PLAY (play) football in this park, but now they’ve put flower-beds everywhere and ‘Keep off the grass’ signs to stop us.

6. Richard USUALLY (walk) to school, but it looked like rain this morning, so his dad gave him a lift in the car.

7. Before the invention of the Internet, people USED TO HAVE (have) to go to the library to do research or to find out information.

8. Years ago, before it was popular in the UK, some people there USED TO BELIEVE (believe) that spaghetti grew on trees.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

NOTES

➜ Use 'used to' to talk about past habits.

➜ Use 'usually' to talk about present habits.

'Used to' - Structure

• Affirmative form

➜ Subject + used to + infinitive + complements

• Negative form

➜ Subject + didn't use to + infinitive + complements

• Interrogative form

➜ Did + subject + use to + infinitive + complements?

Saluti. 😊

---------------

• Commenter avatarAccedi per rispondere alle risposte
Altre domande? Fai una domanda e ottieni le risposte che cerchi.