- Anonimo2 mesi faRisposta preferita
Complete the sentences with the correct prepositions to form phrasal verbs.
1. I took UP tennis because I needed more exercise, but I gave it up soon afterwards.
- to take up something = to begin to do it as a hobby, job or etc. or become interested in it
2. I have borrowed the coursebook from the school library, but I have to take it BACK before the East holiday.
- to take something back = to return it
3. There was too much information given at the meeting; I couldn't take it all IN.
- to take something in = to understand or comprehend the meaning of it
3. There was too much information given at the meeting; I couldn't take it all DOWN.
- to take something (especially information or comment or statement) down = to write or record it on a paper
4. You can have a copy of the holiday programme to take ALONG with you and show your parents at home.
to take something/somebody along = to take it with you
- AnonimoLv 42 mesi fa
3 mila lire ........